- We collect your personal information, to provide you with the Humaniti app, and the services within it.
- We are committed to keeping your personal information private and secure. Your detailed transactions are never shared.
- We use your personal information to run the services we provide you, all secured using the latest encryption and security technology, and stored in Australia. No transactions can take place using our platform.
- We use aggregated, deidentified transaction behaviour to create insights for Australian businesses and charities (e.g. how much has COVID affected spending at Big W or Target?)
- These businesses may also engage us to ask your opinions about certain things, and we reward you directly with money if you choose to participate by completing surveys.
- These insight services are how Humaniti earns money and allow us to pay you!
- Only Humaniti will ever contact you, to keep you up to date with our products and services.
How do we collect your personal information?
Directly from you
We collect your personal information directly from you, for example when you use our website and when you interact with our products and services. These interactions may include actions such as:
- Browsing our website,
- Registering for products and services with us,
- Expanding your profile,
- Completing questionnaires and polls,
- Linking your financial and other accounts
Indirectly from you
We may collect your personal information from the accounts you have linked on your behalf. We may also collect your personal information from businesses to which we provide analytics or research services, or those who provide us with marketing leads.
If you are a business user or client, we may collect your personal information so we can allow you to use or access our services.
The purposes for which we manage your personal information
The purposes for which we collect, store, use and disclose personal information include:
(a) To provide products and services to help you better organise and manage your life.
(b) Providing you with information about our products or services. If we send you marketing, we will always give you the option to unsubscribe at any time by notifying us that you wish to do so;
(c) To create de-identified research information, from which all personal information is removed. We use this de-identified information to create products and services to help businesses and charities understand the Australian market, which allows us to provide you this free service.
(d) Performing internal functions such as administration, accounting and other various information technology system requirements;
(e) Complying with legal and regulatory requirements, and preventing fraud or crime; and
(f) Helping us improve our services, develop our products and conduct research.
We may also combine the information we collect and hold about you.
We will communicate with you electronically unless you tell us that you do not wish to receive electronic communications. If you do not wish to receive electronic communications, we won’t be able to provide our service to you as it is an online service only.
To whom will we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to:
- Our agents and contractors who supply services to us e.g. our data storage providers;
- Other companies in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event;
- Affiliate and member recruitment partners we work with if you join through a one of these, for the purpose of measuring performance and fulfilling rewards.
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies or law enforcement bodies; and
- Anyone else to whom we are permitted to provide information by law.
In addition to the above, we may use service providers who may handle your personal information on our behalf to provide services for us such as:
- Help desk services;
- Incident management;
- Information technology services (such as data storage providers).
Only we will contact you unless you consent to someone else doing so e.g. if you give specific consent to receive information from another company.
What if you don’t provide some personal information to us?
If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you the services we offer.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We store the personal information we collect in a secure data centre or in the cloud. We only use storage providers who maintain high standards of security and encryption. We store all personal information in Australia.
We keep your personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, which is generally only as long as you subscribe to our service, then we delete your personal information. We keep other deidentified information for as long as we may need it.
How can you check, update or change the personal information we are holding?
In some countries you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information and to ask us to correct or erase it;
- Request us to restrict the way we manage your personal information, e.g. if you dispute its correctness;
- Request us to transfer your data to another entity; and
- Object to us managing your personal information at any time, e.g., you may withdraw any consent you have given us about how we manage and use your personal information. This does not invalidate any earlier permitted use we have made of your information.
If you wish to request access or correct your personal information please write to us by email email@example.com.
What happens if you want to complain?
Your complaint will be considered by us through our internal complaints resolution process and we will try to respond with a decision within 30 days of you making the complaint.
If your complaint is not resolved, you may refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who can be contacted by phone at 1300 363 992, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post at GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001 or you can go to www.oaic.gov.au.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact a third party, we may need to give some of the information contained in your complaint to that party.
Tell us what you think
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy.
Contact us for requests for access and alterations, concerns or complaints or questions and comments at email@example.com.
Humaniti, and this website, is owned, operated and controlled by Data Analytics Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 611 631 826.
Effective date of this policy
2nd June 2021.